The New York Farm Bureau Legal Affairs Department offers the following books on current laws to NYFB members and non-members:
Farmer's Guide to Labor & Employment Laws, 2nd Ed.
- Learn major laws affecting agricultural employers
- Discover new regulations regarding FMLA, COBRA, etc. for farms with 15 or more employees
- Learn about your responsibilities to employees regarding safety and housing standards
- $40 per copy for members and $75 per copy for non-members
Farmer's Guide to ICE and Immigration Law Enforcement Activities: An Employer's Rights and Responsibilities
- An overview of the myriad of federal laws and regulations related to ICE and immigration laws, including your property rights
- Common definitions such as “Probable Cause,” “Detention,” “Border Search” and “Roving Patrol” and the general authority of ICE officers and their authority to conduct searches
- Permissible conduct by an ICE/CBP Officer and what to do after an ICE/CBP raid of $20 per copy for members and $40 per copy for non-members
FARMER’S GUIDE TO TRUCK & FARM IMPLEMENT LAWS & REGULATIONS, 4th Ed.
- Learn how the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations affect you
- Discover the vehicle equipment standards that apply to your vehicles
- Learn the specific requirements of the vehicle equipment regulations in New York State
- $30 per copy for members and $60 per copy for non-members