New York Farm Bureau Safety Group 486 Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Times are tough enough without having to worry about who to trust with your workers’ compensation insurance. The New York Farm Bureau Safety Group 486 has been around almost as long as Farm Bureau itself.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance benefits:
- Be eligible for an up-front discount up to 25%.
- Be eligible for a dividend check each year that has averaged over 32% the past five years.*
- Get free safety inspections to protect you, your employees, and your business.
- Enjoy the security of knowing that your insurance is in the hands of an organization that knows and understands the needs of the agricultural industry.
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that modest earnings on Workers’ Compensation Insurance by New York Farm Bureau® support important programs that serve New York farmers every day.
- Licensed, professional staff to serve all your workers' compensation needs and act as an advocate for you with the New York State Insurance Fund.
Join NYFB and become eligible for Workers’ Compensation Insurance
What is covered by Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
- Medical care following and injury or illness
- Wage replacement if a worker loses income because of an injury
- Costs for vocational retraining if an injury renders a worker unable to continue working in their current role
- Compensation for permanent injuries
- Benefits for families of a worker killed on the job
- Issues and illnesses that develop over a long period by the same injurious work activity
Workers' Comp Safety Group Info
New York Farm Bureau’s Safety Group 486 provides Workers’ Compensation Insurance for eligible ag-related businesses. Read our FAQs to learn about the benefits for eligible NYFB members.
The New York Farm Bureau® Safety Group 486 was started by farmers who understood the need for safety, security, and competitive pricing. Since 1967, we have been providing just that.
To participate with Safety Group 486, you must be an active, continuous member of the New York Farm Bureau.*Percentage is based on dividends paid 2013 through 2017. Dividends are not guaranteed. Continued membership in NYFB is required to participate in Safety Group 486. Eligibility for insurance is subject to the New York State Insurance Fund underwriting requirements. NYFB and its subsidiaries have no authority to bind coverage for any member.