The New York Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) program has been working to develop future agricultural leaders by becoming more involved with youth in FFA, 4-H and at agricultural colleges. There are Collegiate Chapters of New York Farm Bureau at Cornell University and SUNY Cobleskill. By involving these agricultural youth, the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program can foster new leaders for not only their program and New York Farm Bureau, but for the agricultural industry as a whole.
Student memberships are available for members who are between the ages of 16-21.
4-H and FFA members who are high school juniors and seniors and collegiate students with an agricultural major are eligible for a complimentary NYFB student membership.
Student Member Opportunities
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Network With Other Agriculturalists
- Community Service Through New York Farm Bureaus’s Partnership With Feeding America’s “Harvest For All” Program
- Promote Agriculture in Your Community
- Scholarship opportunities for high school seniors
- Compete in State & National competitive events through our Young Farmers & Ranchers program**
- Membership and leadership look great on your resume!